10 Aug Enabling Fund Teacher Grant
Posted at 13:34h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
Teachers may apply to receive up to $1,000 in a grant award to purchase sustainable educational products that benefit their classroom or school. The Teacher Grant program is open to teachers whose schools are current partners in the Junior League of Tomorrow Family Literacy Night Project. All teachers, in all subjects and grade levels, are invited to apply for a grant award. Products purchased with the grant fund must be sustainable and support student learning.
Items that may be considered, but are not limited to these, are:
- music equipment
- smart board
- activity table
- portable stage for drama performances
- science equipment, etc.
- Must be a school in Hillsborough County that is currently participating in the JLT Family Literacy Night Program
- Funds must be spent between January 4, 2016 – May 30, 2016
- School administrator must approve grant application
- Products purchased with the grant fund must be sustainable and support student learning
Request for funding that will not be considered:
- Educational items that have a one-time use or school supplies
- Warranty Plan
- Travel & Transportation Expenses: including Gas Cards, Bus Tickets, Airline Tickets, Car Rental, Taxi Fare, Charter Bus Expense, and Hotel Expenses
- Conference Registration or Attendance Costs
- Salaries of regular part- or full-time employees
- Capital Campaigns
- Fundraising Campaigns
- School Tuition
- Religious Instruction
- Government Functions / Programs
- Personal Projects (eg, a Boy Scout Project)
- Operating Budget off-sets: grant request should be very specific down to the number of items or the exact project budget line items that will be covered with this grant money
- Schools are encouraged to submit multiple applications.
- Applicants MUST complete and submit their applications online. Applications will not be accepted by mail.
GRANT DISTRIBUTION TIMELINE
- Online Application Opens on Thursday, October 1, 2015
- Online Application Due Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015, at midnight
- Review: Committee reviews grant applications November – December 2015
- Recipient Notification: January 4, 2016
- Funds Distributed to Recipient: By January 8, 2016
- Formal presentation of Grants at Family Literacy Nights between January – March, 2016
- Final Accounting of Actual Grant Expenditures: May 30, 2016. NOTE: Any remaining grant money not used by May 30, 2016, must be returned to The Junior League of Tampa, Inc. and accompany the final report.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.