Let’s celebrate 100 years in style! Purchase your Gala Tickets HERE!
Junior League of Lincoln 100 Year Celebration Weekend Frequently Asked Questions
What are we celebrating?
a) 100 years of the Junior League in Lincoln; 100 years of developing the potential of women; 100
years of community contributions through the efforts of our trained volunteers
What are the Dates?
- a) Friday, May 20 JLL Member and Guest Cocktail Reception
- b) Saturday, May 21 Community wide Gala with Keynote Speaker, Stephanie Land
What are the events for the weekend?
- a) Friday Follies –
- i) Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- ii) Location: Cornhusker Hotel – Renaissance Room (2nd floor)
- iii) Type of Event: Cocktail Reception with heavy hors d’oeuvre
- iv) Who should attend: Junior League Members (Provisionals, Actives, Sustainers and Former Members) and their guests
- (3) Eight(8)FreeticketswithSaturdaynight$1000tablesponsorship
- (4) Four(4)FreeticketswithSaturdaynight$500halftablesponsorship
- (5) Two(2)FreeticketswithSaturdaynight$300quartertablesponsorship
- vi) Suggested Attire: Cocktail and/or Dress as your favorite JLL decade
- vii) Agenda:
- (1) Celebrate Member awards: Sustainer of the Year, Active of the Year, Provisional of theYear and more!
- (2) Connectwitheachother,sharestoriesfromyourtimeintheleague
- b) Saturday Gala
- i) Time:(1) 5:15EventCheckinbegins
- ii) Location: Cornhusker Hotel – Grand Ballroom
$35.00 per ticket -Friday night only
$15.00 per ticket with purchase of a Saturday Gala ticket(s)
- iii) Type of Event: Gala with a formal speaker and program
- iv) Who should attend: Junior League Members (Provisionals, Actives, Sustainers and Former Members) and their guests; and ALL members of the community(1) Theeventisopentothegeneralpublic
- v) Cost:
- (1) $100.00 per ticket
- (2) $150.00 VIP ticket with VIP reception (very limited number of tickets available)
- (3) Various sponsorship levels and packages still available -Contact Trish Hoelting(firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- vi) What’s Happening at the Gala? Dinner, Drinks, Raffle, Wine (beer and cider) pull, booksigning, and more!
- vii) Suggested Attire: Cocktail/Formal is suggested, but not required
- viii) Agenda:
- (1) Recap of our 100 years and past and current projects
- (2) Keynote Speaker: Stephanie Land, author of the bestselling memoir, Maid: HardWork, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive, the inspiration for the award-winning
Netflix series, Maid.
- (3) RaffleDrawing
- (4) Opportunitytogive
- (5) Book Signing (two opportunities – VIP Reception and follow the gala)
- 4) Who is Stephanie Land and how does she relate to our mission?
- a) Stephanie Land, author of the bestselling memoir, Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’sWill to Survive, the inspiration for the award-winning Netflix series, Maid.
- b) Stephanie will be sharing her personal story; a harrowing saga of struggling to survive and navigate poverty. As a single mother living below the poverty line and working as a cleaner to make ends meet, her experience relying on social welfare programs has helped inform her writing regarding the lack of support for those living in poverty. Stephanie’s courageous decision to share her story helps shine a light on similar experiences in our own community and the motivation behind why hundreds of women in Junior League commit to service.
- c) Our current JLL projects help to directly address the issues Stephanie and those like her face every day by providing free clothing to middle and high school students with Clothesline, free home goods/started kits through HomeStart to youth transitioning to independence and diapers to families in need through the Junior League of Lincoln Diaper Bank.
- 5) If you want to volunteer sign up through the weekly announcements email or contact Kari Schmitz (KSUFaith@gmail.com)
6) Is JLL sending out formal invitations?
a) Yes! Invitations (for both events) will be mailed the week of April 18.
7) When can I buy tickets?
a) Now! Visit https://JLLGIVE.givesmart.com
- 8) How do I reserve a seat?a) Buy a table (or fraction thereof)
b) You can request to be seated with someone when purchasing tickets online, but requests cannot be guaranteed.
- 9) How are we doing on Sponsorships?
a) We currently have $25,000 in sponsorship pledges with a goal of $35,000
10) If I still have questions, who should I contact?
- a) Jena Donahue (Jena.Hoehne@gmail.com)
- b) Kari Schmitz (email@example.com)
Purchase your Gala Tickets HERE!